In today's dynamic business environment, global enterprises have to keep pace with emerging new technologies while maximizing returns on existing Information Technology (IT) assets. Some of the challenges that enterprises face with existing mission critical systems are the complexities involved in managing multiple technology platforms, shortage of qualified resources and limited knowledge of legacy applications.
Most organizations want to adapt new technologies to maintain their market competitiveness. However, the cost and resource needed for managing and maintaining today's business critical production systems interfere with channeling resources toward tomorrow's needs.
Paradigm's global delivery model is well equipped to help enterprises to maximize the value from business-critical investments made in the past. Enterprises can leverage our expertise in a range of technical skills, deep domain understanding as well as proven track record.
At Paradigm, we have evolved processes to handle transitions and knowledge transfers seamlessly and address issues in transition. We perform detailed root-cause analysis and adopt a long-term view when deploying fixes to customer applications. Our metrics-driven processes also cover business continuity and disaster recovery aspects.Clients' benefits:
- Opportunity to focus their internal staff on strategic business and new technology initiatives.
- Establish measurable Service Level Agreements (SLAs) for problem management and resolution.
- Implement support best practices while increasing internal resource productivity using proven support processes.
- Reduction of cost for application maintenance and support.
- Maintenance and improvement to the quality of current systems through process driven life cycle management.
- Ability to react immediately to current application change needs.
- Higher internal employee morale by focusing them on new technology initiatives.